When you deal with heavy-duty terrain such as dodge ram 1500, it is essential to have the best brake pads for dodge ram. If the brake pads are not of high quality and not able to work accurately, it may lead to an accident. Let us have a look at the best brake pads for the dodge ram 1500.
When a truck carries a lot of the load on slowing the speed, it has to bear momentum. At this time, the brake should work accurately to manage the movement of the truck. If the brakes are not durable, then it may lead to an accident or any major problem. Brake pads are part of the brakes. Their durability tells us how many masks they can bear.
Everyone depends on the strength of the brake pads. If brake pads are not enough for working, then you will not apply brakes. It will lead to the loss of both life and material.
We know that dodge ram is a heavy terrain, & it is not easy to deal with it. It can carry a lot of heavy load with ease, but it is tricky to tackle these brake pads. Brakes are for providing friction when any vehicle has to stop.
The brake pads are the basic components of the brakes. The brake pads convert the kinetic energy into thermal energy through friction. Each brake has two brake pads facing rotors. When the brakes are applied, the brake pads clamp onto the spinning rotor, and then the rotor stops the vehicle.
For the dodge ram 1500, the brake pads should be durable as it is a heavy-duty trucks. The best brake pads for dodge ram 1500 are those that show high performance and are capable of saving lives. They should be able to stop quickly, whenever it is needed.
Best Brake Pads for Dodge Ram 1500:
Following are the best brake pads for dodge ram 1500. Let’s have a look at their performance and quality.
- Wagner QC965 Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set
- Power Stop K2164-36 Truck and Tow Brake Kit
- Bosch BC967 Brake Pad
- Hawk Performance HB299P.650 Brake Pads
- Detroit Axle Front Drilled and Slotted Disc Brake Pads
Wagner QC965 Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set:
Wagner is a well-known brand for highly efficient brake pads. Wagner QC965 Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set has improved as the perfect best brake pads for dodge ram 1500 due to the firm power supply.
- These brake pads have a one-piece design with IMI technology for efficient working of the brakes.
- This technology is perfect for holding the system with backing plates with frictional material. The system works when brake pedals are pressed.
- They have a noiseless operation due to a laser-shaped friction design and core material in their features.
- The hardware required for it has stainless steel material that makes these brake pads durable.
- They can dissipate the heat for long-lasting performance.
- These brake pads have zero copper friction formulation.
- These are best for ceramic disc brakes.
- Durable and Long-Lasting
- High-Quality Stainless-Steel Material
- Noiseless Operation
- Accurate Fitness for Dodge 1500
- Brake’s dust due to slow speed
- Poor friction capability/rating
Power Stop K2164-36 Truck and Tow Brake Kit:
Power Stop is a leading brand for brake pads. You can buy their product confidently for the next-level braking power. Power Stop K2164-36 Truck & Tow Brake Kit is an ideal kit with brake pads and rotors.
- The unique features of these brake pads make them adorable for dodge ram 1500.
- These are well-built with a carbon-fiber ceramic material for lubrication, durability, and best performance.
- For best performance, the rotors are changed and have zinc plating to protect brakes from dust.
- It has gears for large haulage and enhances the braking power on and off the roads.
- Furthermore, this kit contains precision drills and slotted rotors that regulate the temperature and make this braking system able to work efficiently in hot weather.
- Rubberized shims for noise-less performance
- Durable and well-built rotors and brake pads
- Excellent braking power
- Silver zinc plate makes rotors dust and corrosion-free
- Installation is not easy
- Need precaution during replacement
- Expensive as per quality
Bosch BC967 Brake Pad:
The exception braking power is the requirement of every customer having dodge ram 1500 or any other such terrain that hauls high load. Bosch tries its best for a durable making system and brake pads to handle it. Bosch always comes with an innovative controlling system and an antilock braking system.
Bosch BC967 Brake Pads is the best version of Bosch products having an innovative appearance and exactly fit for such trucks. Bosch’s powerful braking system is the perfect blend of technology and design, and to deal with the brake pads should be durable and functional.
- Advanced features have durability due to aluminum-based alloy construction and aerospace technology.
- It contains chemical protective layers for the protection of rotors and brake pads and enhances their life span.
- These brake pads have high-quality shims that strengthen the hauling application of brakes. They become corrosion and noise-free.
- High-quality constructive material
- Strong shims for noise-free operation
- Aerospace technology
- High-level performance brakes
- Excellent stopping power
- Have weak springs
- Installation is not easy
Hawk Performance HB299P 650 Brake Pads:
Hawk offers quality and versatile brake pads for repetitive braking applications. For the heavy-duty trucks, terrains, and others, including dodge ram 1500 Hawk Performance HB299P.650 Brake Pads are the best ones. They facilitate the braking applications with high-temperature heat dissipation that provides maximum friction coefficient.
- The LTS Ferro-carbon compound technology provides the high-performance and extra 20% stopping power to stop the vehicles.
- The built-in construction makes it able to withstand high pressure and friction.
- They contain an effective noise-free system that provides a quiet and safe journey on and off-road.
- Multilayer shims are of rubber and provide strength.
- They have high fade resistance and friction.
- Can bear high load
- Strong rubber shims
- High coefficient friction
- Can withstand more than 1- ton weight
- Poor fitness
Detroit Axle Front Drilled and Slotted Disc Brake Pads:
Detroit Axle Front Drilled and Slotted Disc Brake Kit contain fantastic and highly effective brake pads & slotted and drilled rotors for dodge ram 1500. They have a long life span so that you can use them for a long.
- The ceramic construction makes them durable and smooth for use.
- These brake pads are equipped with slotted and drill rotors that increase their dust-free efficiency and provide easy installation.
- The zinc dichromate layer polished its design and appearance.
- This kit comes with a complete hardware set.
- Corrosion and dust-free construction
- Easy installation
- Highly maintained for perfect working
- Only compatible with dodge ram models
Searching for the best brake pads for dodge ram 1500 is a stressful task. Therefore, before investing, it is good to take into consideration the essential features. That a high-duty truck brake pads should have. It will save you time and money also. Brake pads are available in different materials suitable for many models.
Types of Brake Pads on Basis of Material
Metallic Brake Pads
These brake pads have a high proportion of metals as compared to non-metals. Hence, they have strong stopping power. You can use these brake pads on heavy terrain and those who have to travel on rough and rigid roads and streets. But keep in mind that metallic brake pads may ruin the rotors after a certain period.
Semi-Metallic Brake Pads
In these brake pads, the proportion of the non-metal is more than metals. They contain 30% metals and 60% non-metals, and a small amount of organic material. They have strong stopping power due to metals. But the presence of the metals makes them a bit noisy in operation.
Ceramic Brake Pads
Ceramic brake pads are more expensive and preferable than metallic and non-metallic pads. The feature that makes them more favorite among drives is their noiseless operation. Moreover, they are well-fitted with rubber shins.
Organic Brake Pads
These brake pads have organic material that has less ability to ruin the rotors. They are best to keep the environment pollution-free.
The choice of the material depends upon your preference and need. If you want durability, longevity, and the best stopping power, it is better to choose the brake pads having metallic or non-metallic material. For the noiseless operation, ceramic brake pads are best, but they are expensive. The organic brake pads are only effective for the life span of rotors.
Many other features require attention along with the material.
Before choosing the best brake pads for dodge ram 1500, it is essential to consider the weather condition. The temperature, if extended to the standard level, may damage the performance. The brake pads should be able to optimize the temperature. Standard rotors can get about 400 Fahrenheit temperature, and it can exceed in hot weather.
Durability and Braking Power
Most of the brands claim durability, but their brake pads are not according to the words. So it is necessary to check the durability of the product by evaluating its power to reduce cooling and vibration. The best brake pads will have a superior cooling quality that allows them to last for long.
For the safety of heavy terrains, such as dodge ram 1500, the braking power of the brake pads should be high. An efficient braking system is necessary for the safety of the truck and lives in it.
For a smooth and comfortable ride on the road, the noise level of the brake pads should be minimum. The brake pads having a noiseless operation will keep you and the people around you tense and stress-free.
The brake pads should have an easy installation process, and for this purpose, it is essential to have a lubricating agent with other accessories. The lubrication allows seamless fitting without wasting time. Furthermore, some of the brake pads have plug-and-play sets that make them easy to install. If the brake pad set is easy to install, then you will not need to wait on the workshop for simple installation.
The quality demands some expenses. But it does not mean that you cannot buy high-quality brake pads at a low price. If you pay attention and spend a little time, you can find the best brake pads for your truck.
Frequently Asks The Questions
How Can I Reduce Dust On The Brake Pads?
Ans: When you will drive on dusty roads, it is common that dust will accumulate over brake pads. You can reduce this by looking for brake pads having a dust-free mechanism.
What Is The Main Difference Between Ceramic And Metallic Brake Pads?
Ans: Ceramic brake pads have weak stopping power, but these are noiseless, while metallic brake pads are noise-causing but have strong stopping power.
Is It Efficacious To Replace Brake Pads?
Ans: Yes. For the efficient working of your truck, it is necessary to replace brake pads at least once.